A two-step cookie... Slightly more difficult than the fruitcake, but still delicious!
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 4 beaten eggs
- 2 cups normal sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift together flour and confectioner's sugar.
- Cut in butter until crumbly.
- Press into a 13-by-9-by-2 inch pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes @ 350 degrees.
- Beat together eggs, normal sugar and lemon juice.
- Sift the 1/4 cup flour into the egg mixture.
- Pour over the baked crust.
- Bake 25 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with confectioner's sugar right after it comes out (so it sticks).
- Cool, then cut into squares. Can be frozen!
These are a big hit at my house, and are also excellent for bake sales. Just be careful with the powdered sugar! It gets everywhere.
back to sparkyville back to recipes
This page created by Sparky.