Okay, no worries, this isn't the Infamous Christmas Fruitcake. This is a Real-Fruit yummy yummy Fruitcake. Try it, you'll see.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 stick butter
- 1&1/2 tsps vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup flour
- chopped REAL fruit, whatever is in season. About a cup's worth.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream together sugar and butter.
- Add vanilla and eggs and blend.
- Add baking powder and flour and mix (as little as possible).
- Pour into springform pan and bake for about 35-40 minutes.
I hope you like this recipe; it's one of my family's all-time favorites. A whole cake will disappear within a day if it's not guarded. And it's really easy to make!
back to recipes page back to sparkyville
This page created with love and affection by Sparky.